What is DesktopSMS?
DesktopSMS allows you to connect Android phone and Windows PC to synchronize and send SMS messages from computer via Android device. Browse your existing conversations and SMS/MMS messages with native Windows application, compose and send SMS messages comfortably using your computer keyboard.
You can search your phone contacts from your desktop and start new conversations easily. You can also browse recent call log items so you can text your friend or colleague that have called you recently. If you want to send group messages to multiple recipients, just do it with the DesktopSMS app. Pick contacts or contact groups from remote device or just copy/paste the list of contacts from clipboard.
Other features include:
- Dual SIM phones support.
- Connect devices using Wi-Fi, bluetooth or USB cable (read more about DesktopSMS connection types and their requirements).
- No on-line registration needed, no internet connection needed, everything works locally and anonymously.
- Native Windows toast notifications for new SMS/MMS messages received.
- SMS/MMS support (MMS view/save as only).
- Light and dark themes.
How do I start?
- Get DesktopSMS Lite from Google Play on Android device you want to get connected with.
- Download and install latest DesktopSMS Client on Windows/PC computer you want so send SMS messages from.
- Launch DesktopSMS Lite on Android device and then use DesktopSMS Client on PC to pair remote Android device.
- Remote conversations and SMS/MMS messages will start to synchronize with your desktop application.
- You can start messaging comfortably from your desktop!
- Every message you send will be sent using your phone and will be stored in the phone's conversation history as well!
What connection types are supported?
DesktopSMS supports wide range of connection types that can be used to connect DesktopSMS client and DesktopSMS Lite remote device. Wireless connections such as Wi-Fi or bluetooth are the most common and well known, but it is also possible to connect over USB cable or even over wired LAN network using USB-C Ethernet adapter (if supported by your Android device). All of the connections are easy to set up but some of them, such as USB connection, requires additional setup on Android device.
Read more about DesktopSMS connection types and their requirements.
How does DesktopSMS look like?
You can check DesktopSMS Client and DesktopSMS Lite screenshots page. Or just give it a try and see it yourself!
So another in-browser messaging thingy...?
No! DesktopSMS Client is native Windows application so you do not need nor use a browser to access your conversations. No on-line registration is needed, everything works locally and anonymously using local network, bluetooth or USB cable connection.
But I like my current messaging application...
No problem, you do not have to switch SMS messenger (default SMS application) on your Android device in order to use DesktopSMS Lite.
I encounter problem installing/running DesktopSMS... What can I do?
We love working on new features for DesktopSMS application and improving it for you, the users. If you find something that is not working as expected or if you have an idea for new feature please let us now at info(-at-)desktopsms.net. We appreciate every single feedback!
Can I enjoy DesktopSMS on iPhone and/or Mac?
No, sorry... Android and Windows only.
What does 'Lite' mean?
DesktopSMS Lite is a wrapper that sits on top of your default Android SMS messenger and provides SMS and MMS synchronization with DesktopSMS Client on Windows. It is not standalone messenger (and that is why we call it Lite). This implies some limitations that are enforced by Android system design, because only default Android SMS messenger is allowed to make changes to the messaging store. This is the reason why you can't delete messages (or conversations) or why messages are not even marked as read when using Lite version , although we would like to make it possible!
What about privacy?